Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Did It!!!!












It was ALOT harder than I thought it would be, but I made it, 13.1 miles!!!! And you know the crazy thing, I am ready to do it again. I never thought I would say that. I was AMAZED at how great I felt immediately after the race. My legs were tired but no blisters, aches or pains.

My time was 3 hours 24 minutes, which was a little slow for me. BUT, considering that I ran the entire race WITHOUT music, I think that was pretty good. As we were lining up with 15,000 of our closest friends, my earbuds must have slipped off of my neck. What a freaking nightmare!!!!! I really use my music as a pacer for my time so not having that did slow me down. Oh, and did I mention that I had to stop and pee not once but TWICE. I mean really, that cost me a little time as well.

Loved spending time with Tanya, Ann, Shannon and Christa. These girls are AMAZING. We all finished the race and got the most awesome medals. THEN, we played at Disneyland for several days. So much laughing, shopping, drinking....GOOD TIMES. And I get to see all these women again in November here in Houston. Life is good. Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats Timi!! You look great and so does Tanya! So proud and excited for you. I'm prepping to run a 5k the first Saturday in October and another the last Saturday of October. Then I start training for my half marathon in March. Next year I'm doing a full marathon - what am I thinking???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a great achievement. My first time to your blog and I'm happy I found it.
    Timi

    ReplyDelete