Thursday, September 17, 2009

It was a "Dean" day :)









What a fun day I had today. My friend Becky told me Paula Dean was going to be in town for an appearance at Dillards to promote her new furniture line. She asked if I wanted to go and have a cook book signed. I said sure, let's go !!! Reagan received a Paula Dean kids cookbook for her birthday last year so I thought I would have it signed. When I told Reagan earlier in the week that I would be going, she cried when I told her I would not let her skip school to go see Paula. Reagan loves to cook as many of you know. So, I decided to take an idea from a good friend (thanks Keely) and take a cut out of Reagan so she could be there in spirit :)

Paula is just adorable, REALLY....I could have listened to her all day. She spoke to the crowd for about 20 minutes, answered questions from the crowd and THEN she signed books. When I got up to her in line, she insisted on taking a photo with "Reagan". So sweet of her. She was as cute and sweet as I thought she would be. Fun Day, thanks Becky.......HUGS

4 comments:

  1. Paula seems like such a fun woman!! What a great smile. I love the cutout of Reagan!! I hope she likes her photo with Paula and autograph!! MULU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what Reagan has to say about her getting to go...and have her picture with Paula....that is so awesome...and it doesn't surprise me that she wanted to take a picture with Reagan....she seems just like that kind of a person....so glad you had a good time.

    MULU

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that! I love Paula and hearing her "tolk". I want her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo FUN! It sounds like you had a great day and what a sweet mama you are for making sure Reagan got to share in the fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete